|Center for Environment and Community Research
CECR Volunteers Terms of Reference (TOR)
I. Position Information
Title: Technical Volunteer
Number of Volunteers: 02
Report to: Project Coordinator and Director
Based in Hanoi, Vietnam, with frequent travel to project sites
Duration of the Assignment: 3 months
Expected Starting Date: Immediate.
Support fee: 2,000,000 VND/ month
II. Organizational Context
The Center for Environment and Community Research (CECR) is a scientific and technical organization operating under the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations (VUSTA) with an aim to protect surface water in Vietnam. CECR’s mission is to promote the participation of organizations, businesses, and communities in the protection and management of sustainable water resources through capacity building, research and advocacy, information and knowledge transfer on water pollution control, and developing models of community participation in surface water protection in local areas.
At the present, CECR is coordinating the Coalition for Clean Water with members from six provinces: Ha Noi, Son La, Bac Ninh, Da Nang, Quang Nam, Binh Duong. This coalition focuses on supporting local community develop models to protect and restore surface water bodies, analyzing policy and advocating for Water Pollution Control law of Vietnam.
In addition, CECR is carrying out project in Da Nang focusing on raising awareness and changing behaviors of communities towards solid waste segregation and recycling in order to reduce marine debris.
The CECR volunteer will support the Project Coordinator in Hanoi to implement activities in each of these projects.
III. Objectives of the Assignment
The CECR volunteer will provide support to Project Coordinator in implementing project activities so that the project’s goal and objectives are achieved in most effective manner. S/he will perform administrative tasks and other technical tasks under the direction of the Project Coordinator.
IV. Scope of Work: Expected Results/Deliverables
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the incumbent is expected to:
- Provide support to the Project team in carrying out project activities to achieve agreed project outputs at reasonable and allowable cost and ensure that value for money is observed throughout the project implementation.
- Provide support to the Project Coordinator in facilitating the Coalition for Clean Water members to achieve the Coalition’s policy advocacy objectives, and in coordinating local partners network in Da Nang.
- Provide support to the Project Coordinator in communicating the project’s progress and achievements with donors and the public through standard reporting, newsletters, blog posts, website etc.
- Provide logistical support or any other support to project activities and personnel when required .
Expected Outputs/ Deliverables
- The project team supported to implement the project activities;
- The Project Coordinator supported in facilitating the network of partners committed to protect water resources in Vietnam.
- Regular reporting on progress and challenges
V: Recruitment Qualifications
- Freshly graduated from a undergraduate program.
- Passionate about environmental projects and working with communities.
- Possess a learning attitude and strong commitment.
- Experience in project management, resource mobilization and participatory approach is an advantage;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Word processing skills, knowledge of Excel, Power Point and Google package.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, producing results, meet deadlines and work under pressure; ability to adapt with dynamic change
- Building and promoting partnerships across the Organization and beyond;
- Minimum working English proficiency.
I. What is CECR Volunteers?
CECR Volunteers is a unique learning program designed to help young people develop new skills to work in the development sector and beyond. Over a period of three months, the CECR Volunteers will work to support the team to carry out project activities and engage with local partners to protect Vietnam’s surface water resources. As such, the CECR volunteers’ tasks range from office work to event organization to public awareness raising and researching.
II. Who can apply for CECR Volunteers?
Freshly graduate Vietnamese citizens who seek for learning opportunities in a professional environment and can work full time at CECR’s Hanoi office for the period of 3 months.
III. How long does it take?
Generally, a volunteer term is 3 months. CECR will not offer full-time job at the end of the 3-month period.
IV. Minimum requirement
- Freshly graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Minimum working English proficiency.
- Passionate about environmental protection; Possess a learning attitude and strong commitment.
- A team player.
V. The recruitment process
Volunteers position announcements, when they become available, will be posted on CECR website and social media pages. In addition, CECR does accept speculative CVs, volunteer announcements will be circulated among these candidates. In all cases, candidates must undergo a competitive interview process to ensure transparency of the system.
VI. Who do I contact if I have questions?
Ms. Anh Pham
Phone: 0985 447 158
When email, please subject “CECR Volunteer”
Cần tuyển 02 Tình nguyện viên